Saturday, December 1, 2012

Introduction

        You may be familiar with my other blog, allmypaperfriends, in which I write reviews of (and recommendations for) some of my favorite books. While I do enjoy writing nonfiction like that, I've always been in love with creating my own stories as well. The vast majority of these are in various stages of incompleteness—quite a few still in the idea stage—but this past semester I took a creative writing class, for which I wrote several short stories.
        I'd never previously been a fan of the short story. It always seemed to me that a story worth telling should take a long time to tell (or read), because the longer the journey the greater the reward, right? Not necessarily. The writing class challenged me, but I genuinely enjoyed my experience and I really like what I got to write as a result of taking it. I intend to write more material in short form in the future. It's nice to finish something.
        And so, after a lot of second-guessing this idea, I've decided to put some of my “babies” on display for the world to see. Now realize that these are my paper babies for two reasons: 1) they're my own creation, and 2) compared to my paper friends, these are decidedly younger and less experienced (or at least their mommy is). So...be nice to them, but also feel more than welcome to give feedback, positive or negative. After all, friends don't let friends' kids steal cookies, pull the cat's tail, or play in the mud when they're supposed to be clean. If you have suggestions about how I can  “raise my babies” more successfully, or just questions about my parenting decisions (loving this metaphor), please, please voice them. The comment box is right
                                                                                                                                                                                    down
                                                                                                                                                                                                  there!
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment